When considering choosing a niche for your blog, you need to consider a Niche which you are interested in and which you know about and enjoy writing about. This is because you will need to write content or articles (posts) about the Niche subject which you choose, as an Affiliate Marketer.
Sometimes it can be difficult to choose, so it may be better to decide on something which you have a passion for as you will be investing a lot of time developing content about your niche.
What Are Your Choices For A Niche?
See the following reference for more brainstorming ideas for choosing your niche for your blog.
Choosing a niche for your blog could be almost any subject imaginable, provided that it satisfies the following criteria:
1) It must be a subject which is of interest to people, an audience because these are the potential customers for your product or service.
2) It must be legal.
3) The subject must not be too broad, otherwise, the subject will not be of sufficient focus for your audience, and it will be difficult to promote because the audience is potentially too large, and there is too much competition.
For example, Health is a subject which is too broad for a niche. There is too big a potential audience size, so we need to narrow things down to Men´s Health, or Women´s Health, or Healthy Diet, or Exercise for Health, which can be again broken down by gender or category, or by country or area.
Here are some examples of Niches which may help you when trying to find inspiration, but this is by no means a completely exhaustive list, it is just for illustration:
- Art and Craft
- Baby Care and Accessories
- Skincare (men and women)
- Hair loss (men and women)
- Do It Yourself
- Interior Design
- Exercise and Fitness
- Computer Games
- Health and Personal Care
- Household and Kitchen
- Kids Clothing and Accessories
- Men’s Clothing and Accessories
- Women´s Clothing and Accessories
- Men’s shoes
- Women´s shoes
- Men’s Jewellery
- Women´s Jewellery
- Sports and sports equipment
- Outdoors and Outdoor living
- Storage and Organization
Here are some ideas about 21 Businesses To Start On A Shoestring, by Shelley McNeil, a book available from Alpus Academy, if you do not have specific ideas of your own which you would like to develop.
Also, you could check out this book:
How To Make Working From Home Productive, by Julian Bright.
Other Criteria For Choosing A Niche For Your Blog
- Do people want products in this niche?
- Is this niche trending?
- Is there a sufficient audience in that niche?
- Can you monetise the products in your niche?
Conclusion And Recommendation
Only you have the knowledge for choosing a niche for your blog, since only you know your own areas of expertise and interest, although there are many considerations about whether a niche will be profitable or not, not least of which is how you will monetise your blog.
Alternatively, if you would like to look at more detailed FREE training about choosing a Niche to suit you, then go to the following website and sign up (no credit card is required, and you can unsubscribe at any time): Wealthy Affiliate.com
Another option, if you have difficulty choosing a niche for your blog, is to consider promoting Wealthy Affiliate, and many WA Affiliates make a very good income from just doing that!
Specific Niche training is at the following link(no cost once you register for FREE membership: