Only You are responsible for managing your time and the tasks done by you and your colleages (your staff and your consultants and contractors, and collaborators) so that you are the most effective for your business and in order that your business is successful. You can use any or all of the following Top 13 time management techniques in order to help you to prepare your own time management matrix which best suits your own specific workload and busy day by day schedule.
OMS has gathered some best time management techniques and tips to help you to organize yourself and your daily, weekly and monthly activities for the maximum benefit for your business, and so that you can achieve your business objectives. See also our post about OMS Review of Vision Strategy Formulation and Business Planning here.
1. Customer Relationships And Interaction – This is probably the most important activity in the time management matrix which you or your colleagues will be involved in. You as the owner or leader of your business are the person most responsible for building and maintaining customer relationships. You therefore need to ensure that you are accessible and available to your customers at any time of day or night. Your staff and colleagues such as contractors also need to be briefed how they must prioritize customer inquiries and what to do if they can´t help, ie how to esclate the customer query so that the customer achieves a positive experience from interaction with you and your colleagues, ie the visible face of your company. You can easily lose valuable customers in this competitive age by not managing your customer relationships in a consistently helpful and friendly way.
2. Planning – Allow enough time in your day for planning your daily, weekly and monthly activities. We suggest a key time management technique is to allow half an hour at the end of each day to review your progress on today´s activities, and plan out your activities for the following day, and forthcoming appointments and deadlines for the weeks and months ahead. Some people choose to do this planning at the beginning of the day. Either way, you need to allow sufficient time for planning and organizing your activities.
3. Emails – We all have to deal with large numbers of emails. It is most efficient time management technique to deal with these in one session during the day and not be distracted constantly by emails which you feel obliged to respond to immediately. You need to prioritize answers to emails, and not all of them must have an immediate response. Some of them need to be considered, and therefore you should add them to your To Do List, and allocate some time to deal with them efficiently and concisely. To answer some emails you will need to gather information from other parties, so this may involve forwarding the email to others and seeking their answers with the required information within a certain timescale. You need to allow yourself time to gather the requisite information, and also review it, possibly quality or sense check it, maybe even revert to the author with queries, before being in a position to respond to the original email request. It is more efficient to plan your response like this, rather than respond immediately to a request for information, with inaccurate information, which will need multiple emails between different parties in order to resolve. Think about it!
4. Deadlines – Set yourself deadlines to complete your tasks and activities in the priority order in which they are needed. This may involve setting deadlines for others to give you information, or indeed information issue to people with whom you collaborate, see our later point about collaboration.
5. Objectives – Set yourself objectives which are realistic and necessary. If there is no need for you to do a particular task then it may be more efficient to delegate this to someone else, particularly if they are in a better position to access and manage the relevant information or data. The main point is that your own activity and those of your colleagues should be focused towards achieving the right Business Objectives.
6. Delegation – You probably can’t do everything yourself, so you need to decide which activities you will do yourself and which you will delegate to others. There should not be duplication of effort, as a general rule, and it is usually best if the person the best able to access and manage the information is the person who deals with it.
7. Pareto Principle – You will probably find that 80% of your success is as a result of 20% of your effort, so try to identify those activities and tasks which will result in the most effective output from your efforts, or indeed the efforts of those to whom you have delegated tasks.
8. Collaboration – Sometimes the most effective way to operate is in fact to collaborate with the relevant people so that your group effort produces the required output. There are many collaborative tools to help you organize such collaboration, especially Dropbox.
9. Meetings – Do you need them? Seriously, question which meetings are essential and which meetings are unnecessary. You also need to manage the necessary meetings by identifying outputs needed from each meeting, and agenda items to be covered during the most relevant meeting. You also need to question realistically how frequently you need to hold each meeting. It doesn’t necessarily follow that because such meetings have traditionally been held weekly, that you necessarily need them weekly. Be disciplined about time allocated to meetings and don’t let them drag on unnecessarily.
10. Distractions – There will be some items which you can manage, such as Social Media. Basically during your time allocated to working you should not be spending time on Social Media, unless your business demands this. It´s not my decision, you choose what is important to your business. Similarly, your staff may be wasting a lot of time on unnecessary Social Media interaction. You are responsible for managing this modern day phenomenon.
11. Interruptions – There will be other interruptions which are unscheduled, but which from experience of the way your business operates, you can be fairly sure will happen. You should be able to assess how much time to allow out of your working day.
12. Grouping of Similar Tasks – In your work schedule it will probably be most efficient to allocate time to groups of activities or tasks which are similar in nature. For example, it might be most efficient for you to find the normally the quietest time of the day to gather information in order to update your spreadsheets for future use.
13. Make Lists – This we think is the last but arguably the most important of the Top 13 Time Management Techniques, since you can adapt your list making to be as brief or as comprehensive as you want, depending upon the audience who reads the list.
We hope these few tips from OMS help you to refocus and optimise your Time Management Techniques, and formulate a Time Management Matrix which suits your own busy schedule.
Here is an example of a working Time Management Matrix template, prepared in microsoft excel, which you can adopt to help you to manage your daily workload, and effectively carry out the necessary daily tasks.
We have also been using this task management software called BIZPAD, for about a year now and have found it very easy to use, and good for task setting and prioritising, without the heavy structure of a project management software. If you would like to try BIZPAD for yourself then, go here. BIZPAD is FREE TO TRY! Here is a typical user screen view, like a Time Management Matrix.
If you want more information on how to achieve Better Focus, Better Results, go here to our relevant review at Alpus Academy of Barbara Connell´s book on How To Manage Time And Tasks.
In order to succeed in the highly competitive 21st Century Corporate World and your own Niche Marketplace, you need to have a Vision of what you want your business to become and embark upon a Vision And Business Strategy formulation which adapts in order to fulfil the owners’ aspirations.
A lot of people want to start a new business and often do so without having formulated their Vision And Business Strategy formulation for the future business, nor their Mission Statement, and Business Plan.
Whatever market you are in there are some common principles of successful strategic and business management which must be put in place in order to achieve a successful corporate outcome.
It is worthwhile to spend some time formulating and writing down these thoughts so that you do not lose sight of them when day to day pressures of business operations offer many distractions.
Usually, the owner or leader of the business has a Vision of what he is trying to achieve from the successful outcome of his startup endeavours, or indeed whenever there is a change of direction within the Business Strategy.
A Vision is a vivid mental image of what you want your organisation to be at some point in the future, based on your goals and aspirations. Having a vision will give your business a clear focus, and can stop you heading in the wrong direction.
The next level of strategy is the Corporate Business Strategy, which states what business the company is in.
Additionally, any company should have a Mission Statement which is the statement of what the business does day by day, in pursuit of the Vision and Business Strategy.
Here is Wikipedia´s definition of a Mission Statement.
A Mission Statement is a short statement of an organization’s purpose, identifying the goal of its operations: what kind of product or service it provides, its primary customers or market, and its geographical region of operation.
The Mission Statement clearly supports and works towards the Vision of the Organisation´s Leader.
So, how to achieve these Business Objectives, what is needed is a clear Business Strategy in place which spells out how to achieve the Business Objectives. What is a Business Strategy?
Business strategy is the firm’s working plan for achieving its vision, prioritizing objectives, competing successfully, and optimizing financial performance with its business model. Strategy builders can find practical guidance in this definition.
So how to prepare a Business Strategy?
The first thing that the company´s leaders must do is to prepare ambitious but achievable goals for each sector of the business.
For this you need to narrow your focus on the few vital initiatives critical to achieving your objectives.
You need to build consensus for breakthrough objectives and promote cross functional teamwork.
The objective must be to connect Business Strategy to daily and weekly action plans and cascade breakthrough objectives down to the point of impact.
You can use technology to monitor progress and implement countermeasures when needed.
Below the level of Business Strategy is the Business Planning for the company, and these plans forecast and report on the key performance indicators for the performance of the company. Such Key Performance Indicators are such things as Sales Revenue, overhead costs, fixed and variable, and any incidental costs which are critical to the performance of the company.
At the lowest level of the hierarchy of planning is the day to day planning and daily activities of the business, and it is here that the actual performance of the company is decided, by what and how efficiently the company´s employees and contractors carry out their day to day functions and activitiesin pursuit of the planned objectives.
The measurement of the organisation´s performance using Key Performance Indicators (KPI´s) is the way in which the company´s leadership can see to what extent they are achieving their Vision and Business Strategy.
Vision and Business Strategy formulation need to be aligned from the highest, most strategic level of leadership downwards, so that the direction of the company´s efforts is focussed and efficiently deployed. Detailed Business Planning must follow the strategic guidance and planning of any organisation. The Key Performance Indicators are a way to monitor whether the highest level aims and objectives are being achieved.
Alpus Academy is a website hosted by PRIMO3, and it offers a wide range of Ebooks and Ecourses in various educational categories, it is the most amazing eLearning website, and provides some of the best learning software available today, in conjunction with partner websites, EcourseCapital and others.
There are super informative Ecourses under the following titles:
1. Succeeding In The New Year Without Resolutions, by Harry Palmer.
2. How To Make Working From Home Productive, by Julian Bright.
3. The Art Of Decluttering, by Margaret Rutherford.
4. The Health Benefits Of Detox, by Andrew Castle.
5. The Art Of Being Happy, by Cyril Weatherford.
6. Better Focus, Better Results, by Barbara Connell.
7. Healthy Kids, by George King.
8. Herbal Remedies, by Nicolette Armstrong.
9. Garden In Your Kitchen.
10. Beginner´s Guide To Wine.
Each ecourse is priced at $97 and provides the subscriber with 8 learning modules for their information.
The material is extremely good value and also comes with a money back guarantee.
There is a more detailed review of each of the individual amazing eLearning ecourses separately click on the links below:
Ebooks are listed below broadly under the banners, which correspond with online marketing niches:
A. Make Money Online
B. Making Money From Home
C. Home Business (& Hobbies)
E. Skills Training
F. Health & Wellness
Here are the categories of books on Ecoursecapital, and the book titles under each:
A. Make Money Online
B. Making Money From Home
C. Home Business (& Hobbies)
E. Skills Training
F. Health & Wellness
We think that the ebooks from Alpus Academy are extremely good value, being priced at $9.97 each. They provide good general information on their respective subject matter.
Books can be ordered online and downloaded electronically by you as the subscriber.
Ecourses from Alpus Academy also provide amazing elearning opportunities and are very good value for money, and provide an abundance of information for a very low cost, 8 complete learning modules usually for around $97.00.
We would be interested to receive your feedback on the ebooks and ecourses if you try them out.
If you need help with preparing information to help you to promote your online business, OMS can assist by offering the following services to give you a quick, responsive and effective service:
If you give us a script for your business or business idea, we will prepare a short animated video of length up to 2 minutes.
Here are some examples of our work for your information:
Our expert Video animator will prepare a draft for your approval from your script and specification. Once it is approved by you, we will post your animated video onto Youtube for you, just let us know your YouTube channel.
If you would like OMS to prepare a High Quality Marketing Video for your product or service then go here:
OMS reviewed the 12 Steps to Financial Freedom which is a Business Mindset Training Course Offered by Pat Mesiti. It is a very intensive course which will challenge you about your personal motivation and values and get you to look into your character and question yourself fundamentally about what you want and why.
Pat Mesiti promotes self-education and business mindset training for wealth creation. He has trodden a hard road to educate himself and to make himself successful and he helps others to do the same. He also does a large amount of charity work with young people in Australia.
Pat organises his business from Mesiti HQ in Queensland Australia, where he lives in Sydney.
He is a Personal Business Mentor and Lifestyle coach with a powerful and personable character. he offers personal mentoring and training courses, which are aimed at changing and improving a person´s mindset.
His claim is to be able to Offer Income Acceleration by changing a person´s mindset.
Pat is acquainted with many famous and successful personalities including Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Pat Mesiti offers many different courses and seminars in business mindset training as part of his business offering, under the categories:
One of the events which Pat Mesiti offered at the recent Digital Nomads event organized by Andrew Reynolds at the end of June 2018, was ¨Pathway to Prosperity¨which is a 3-day event valued at 1500GBP, or 3 x payments of 597GBP per month, to be organized on London in August 2018.
Within the curriculum Pat Mesiti promises to cover the following subjects:
Also, you will receive:
The Wealth Mastery Program, which is an extensive collection of mindset training, with inspirational life training presented by Pat Mesiti and guests. This is a Home study program.
Pat Mesiti also offers a Property Millionaires tour on his website, which is not populated in detail, but the events are priced at only $47Au, which seems very reasonable.
We have heard Pat Mesiti speak on two occasions in 2017 and 2018, both times at business events organized by Andrew Reynolds. Pat Mesiti is a unique and forceful character and has the power to engage with an audience and project his personality to other people. He is very personable and asks very pertinent questions about you, your motivations, your success and reasons for lack of success.
We have not yet personally tried out Pat´s written material and courses on business mindset training, but will comment further once we have done so, hopefully in the near future.
On the Mesiti HQ website are pages and pages of testimonials from satisfied customers, so we guess that their praise must be based on their experience of the courses, events and training offered by Pat.
Here is one of the free giveaways from Pat, when you sign up to his mailing list.
If you have personal experience of Pat Mesiti´s educational material and courses, then let us know your opinion and assessment, as we would be interested to know.
Video is a relatively new development in Social Media, but has rapidly grown in importance owing to the way in which people have readily adapted to and are hungry for the visual form of communication, and are eager to consume more and more video recorded information. Some people learn easier from the visual medium, rather than reading text. It continues to grow rapidly and is forecast to be by far the most widely used medium within 5 years.
Video has been phenomenally successful in the field of online Internet Marketing, especially on YouTube, because the videos are also ranked by Google.
People are more likely to watch a video which informs them about a particular topic, than to read the equivalent amount of text on the same subject. So videos are used to advertize products which are available, or to inform interested parties about the uses of particular products or availability of offers, or to inform about changes in situations in fact to inform people about more or less anything.
The videos are extremely powerful because they can be viewed by large numbers of people at any time (in fact at different times in different time zones and in different parts of the world) without the need to identify and locate those people.
Anyone can view a video from their computer or from their mobile telephone.
No email address or identity is required such as is needed for email marketing, where usually an interested party must either send their email address or consent to receipt of an email about a particular subject.
There are a number of reasons for this fact, and one of the prime ones is that communication by video is more personal than communication via a website with pages or posts. It is direct communication between the author of the video and the viewer or recipient of the transmission.
Authors of videos have an opportunity to project their personality to the viewer, and gain their trust by at least starting to form a personal impression, the start of a personal relationship which can be further developed.
Additionally videos are relatively easy and cheap to produce, and can be authored or made by more or less anyone, thus opening up a powerful means of communication to more or less anyone, whether tied to a large company or promoting their own small brand and unique products.
Repeated viewings of the same video can generate a high income for marketers.
Youtube is the second most popular Social Media medium, after Facebook. Youtube is owned by Google, and Youtube rankings have a relation to Google rankings.
Videos can be posted on Youtube for no cost and on any subject at all subject to conformity with Youtube rules and regulations.
Links can be placed in the footnotes to Videos which relate to relevant websites or other information so that visitors can look at relevant content. This feature is very powerful because it means that traffic can be created onto a website from an apparently unconnected subject.
Viewers of videos can subscribe to follow video authors on whom they are keen, which is another way of perpetuating communication, without any cost.
Anyone can make a Youtube Channel on which they can post their videos on any subject whatsoever.
Videos can be liked or shared as well, and some videos go viral, which can have a very dramatic effect on traffic related to such videos.
Facebook is the most widely used of all the Social Media, and is used by 11billion people worldwide?
Videos can be uploaded to Facebook and made available to interested groups of people, using the Facebook Live Video facility.
Alternatively, videos can be streamed live to interested groups of people, which can then be posted and viewed later by other interested people .
WhatsApp allows the transmission of images from an individual´s mobile phone to another party, including photograph and video images.
Tweets can be made of trending topics and can link to images and videos, which greatly increases the power of a tweet which is limited to 140 characters.
Instagram is a site devoted mainly to images but it is also possible to upload videos.
FaceTime allows communication by real time audio and video to users who have internet or wi-fi connection.
Videos can be embedded onto your website which is an added way to add interest to your website, A lot of information can be communicated to a viewer in a short period of time and in an attractive way including sound narrative and music as well as moving images.
You can learn how to embed a video on your own website by following the training at Wealthy Affiliate, which you can see our review at this post here.
Online Video In Marketing is a very popular and powerful medium, and can be posted on either Facebook (or streamed live) on Youtube or embedded into a website with ease.
From these platforms (especially on Facebook and Youtube), videos can be viewed by thousands if not millions of interested people. Some videos are extremely popular and are termed to have gone ´viral´.
You can use this to help to generate traffic to your website if you have one.
The interested potential customers and clients visiting the video wherever it is located, can choose whether they watch the video, or not at all, or any portion of the video. The visitor has control over whether and to what extent he is informed by the video. Dwell time on the video is a Key Performance Indicator.
OMS can provide you with professionally prepared animated videos similar to this example:
If you wish to receive a proposal for carrying out your video commission to professionally enhance your own companies products and services, then click here.
What is the Wealth Training Company and what do they do? The Wealth Training Company is run by Darren Winters who advocates share trading as a means of achieving multiple streams of passive income, to supplement other means of income which you already have.
Darren Winters is a very active public speaker and proponent of Mastering Business Investment, his own course about spread betting on shares trading. He claims to have spent a lot of his own time and money being mentored by the best share trading experts in the world in order to become highly skilled in this field. He also claims to have made many millions from his expertise, and offers his training courses in order to share his knowledge and expertise.
There is another story about Darren Winters however, and of a failed company, Amicus, which left many creditors unpaid when going into liquidation. See the below story from The Guardian:
There are concerns whether it is the same Darren Winters involved in Amicus and The Wealth Training Company, Darren Winters new company.
Here is their home page and website under the company´s title The Truth About Darren Winters, Business and Investing Mastery, so you can hear another view.
Wealth Trading Company is a trading name of WIN, Winters Investment Network, of which Darren Winters owns 99 shares out of 100. The other share is owned by his partner.
Darren Winters claims to have intimate knowledge of the stock markets and trends during economic cycles, and the relevant stages for share trading, and the best type of stocks to invest in at each stage of the cycle, which are:
Darren Winters coaches on Trading Psychology, and Trading Emotions.
He proposes leveraging the power of Compound Returns consistently.
All this knowledge forms the basis for educational and training courses which are offered by The Wealth Training Company.
People who have subscribed to Darren Winters courses express satisfaction about the amount of information which they receive.
There are many testimonials about Darren Winters and his training from The Wealth Training Company.
As part of his charitable efforts, Darren teaches children about his courses so that they have knowledge about shares trading to assist their future development. The proceeds from the events are all given to charity.
We have not read anything particularly bad about Darren Winters, in fact we were surprised how little information is contained on Darren Winters personal Facebook page.
The cost of Darren´s Wealth Training course is around 2000GBP, although full prices without discounting would be around 3000GBP and for those committing at the Digital Nomads event on 29-30 June 2018, he gave a lot of valuable bonuses.
We have yet to try out any of Darren Winters products, so will make a recommendation in due course, when we have been able to make an assessment whether these products can contribute to your multiple streams of passive income.
In the meantime, if you have personal experience of Darren Winters, Business Investing Mastery or the Wealth Training Company, you are welcome to make a comment, or submit your own review, which we would be happy to receive.